Connect your light Strip to your Playground Express Circuit Board
Each wire connected to your NeoPixel Light Strip has a different job and needs to be connected to the right spots on your Circuit Playground Express for it to work.
Your NeoPixel has three attached alligator clips:
- Red for power to provide electricity to your Playground Express circuit board
- Black to Ground your Playground Express circuit board
- White to channel the programming code that you created to upload to your Playground Express circuit board
You next need to connect the alligator clip part of the light strip to specific spots on the Circuit Playground Express. Squeeze the alligator clip to open it and connect it through hole/pin.
With the Circuit Playground powered off,
- hook the red clip to the 3.3V port
- the white clip to the A1 port
- the black clip to the GND port
Test Your Light Strip
You will need connect your Circuit Playground to power and upload a servo program to test your wiring.